Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data from malicious attack. In other words we can say computer security or information technology.
There is also a field in Computer security. The field is getting incrasingly remarkable because of continuously of reliance ofcomputer system and wireless network such as bluetooth and Wifi and due to the growth of smart devices such as smartphone and televisions.
The types of computer security are:
- Physical security: Physical security is the actual real security and the simplest security we just have to keep our passwords safe. This includes protection from fire, flood, natural disasters, burglary, theft, vandalism and terrorism.
- Network security: Network security is important for the home network and in business. Most homes having fast internet connection may have two wireless routers, which can be exploited if not well properly secured. Network security helps in reducing the chances of data loss, sabotage etc
- Application security: Application security is the process of developing, adding and testing the security features within the applications and helps to prevent the vulnerabilities and threats such as unauthorized access.
- Cloud security: cloud security refers to a broad set of policies, technologies, applications, and controls utilized to protect virtualized IP, data, applications, services, and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing.
- Executive security: Executive protection (EP) also known as Close protection (CP) is used for the private security or risk mitigation taken to ensure the VIPs or individuals and their families, who may be visible to elevate the personal risk due to their employment, status, net worth etc.
Hope you have got lots of information by now.
Reference by: Wikipedia